Call for Nominations
for GVGS Board of Directors
The Greater Victoria Greenbelt Society is requesting submission of nominations for new board members, to be elected at our April 14, 2018 AGM.
Any member who wishes to stand for election must be nominated by another Society member and submit, a GVGS BOARD CANDIDATE APPLICATION to the nominating committee by March 30, 2018.
Service for 1 year on the Board of Directors of GVGS is a rare chance to help drive the decisions of and shape the future of the Mary Lake Nature Sanctuary project. This is an exciting time to join the leadership of GVGS and help us map our future.
Board service is a chance to grow personally and professionally, to develop skills, gain unique experience and make lasting connections with a team of other passionate and motivated people.
Board service also provides these unique opportunities:
- Develop valuable skills in non-profit governance, program planning and strategic planning
- Expand your network of like-minded contacts
- Gain recognition from your employer, community, or peers
Click on link for additional information on The Role of Directors
GVGS Constitution & Bylaws
Society Members in good standing are invited to nominate qualified candidates for the position of director. We are specifically looking for people with these skills
- Treasurer – Financial/ business management
- Director – program development, education and or training
- Director – Communications – social media strategy – website
The Board nominating committee will:
- Review nominations applications.
- Invite qualified applicants for an interview before April 5, 2018
- Submit approved applicants for election at the April 14, 2018 AGM.
Qualification includes endorsing the Constitution of the Society and meeting the requirements of the B.C. Society Act……